Propertyscouts Property Management

FAQ National Propertyscouts

Who pays for the hire of gas bottles at a rental property?

A: The landlord must make sure a property has adequate means of heating water and cooking food. If gas is the main form of heating water and cooking, the landlord must provide access to a gas supply.

In some towns and cities, gas is supplied to properties in large gas bottles rather than by mains supply. In this situation, the landlord must provide gas cylinders and any piping needed to connect the gas.

The landlord pays for the hire charge of the gas bottles (if any). The tenant pays for the cost of the gas used. Alternatively, the landlord can provide full gas bottles at the start of the tenancy, and the tenant must ensure the bottles are full when the tenancy ends.

More national news »